Software Engineer • May, 2022 — Present
I work in the IDE Integration team building a Visual Studio Code extension to help developers to monitor their applications and infrastructure directly from their IDE. I also colaborate in the Static Analyzer tool to help developers to find potential issues in their code before they deploy it to production.
Tech stack: TypesScript, NodeJs, React, VS Code, Rust
Software Engineer • Apr, 2019 — Present
OSS tool and SaaS to help software companies ensure their current and future dependencies comply with their license policies. Built with Rust in order to leverage its awesome trifecta: Safety, Speed and Fearless Concurrency
Tech stack: Rust, Actix-web, SQLx, PostgreSQL, Redis, Shuttle, TypeScript, GitHub Actions
Software Engineer • Nov, 2020 — May, 2022
- Feb 2021 - May 2022: First member or the company's Core Team which was responsible for building tools and services to help our product teams succeed.
Tech stack: TypeScript, NodeJS, PostreSQL, Rust, SvelteJs, AWS, Dart, Flutter, NestJS, GitHub Actions
- Nov 2020 - Feb 2021: After more than 2 years working in Telefonica Alpha, the company spun out and Koa Health was born. I kept working on Foundations, our flagship mobile app that helps teams build the skills they need to manage stress and become more resilient.
Telefónica Innovación Alpha
Tech Lead & Software Engineer • May, 2018 — Nov, 2020
I was involved in many different projects and tasks related to our Health Moonshot which covered:
- Foundations mobile app & services (formerly Evermind)
- Work with sensors in mobile.
- Overview of several services written in Go (Notifications, CMA, Foundations Backend...)
- Helped to introduce Flutter into the company.
- Lull Tech Lead (sleep mobile app).
- Several CLI written in Rust to help our team to work better and faster.
- Support for several product teams (Mina, Remix...)
Software Architect, Engineer & Trainer • Jul, 2016 — May, 2018
Tech stack: Angular, React Native, .NET Core, MongoDB, Git, Docker, Electron, Oracle, TypeScript, WebSockets, Rust, RxJs, GraphQL, Apollo Server, Node, Jest, OAuth2, Gitlab CI
- Worked in several apps mainly dedicated to the healthcare sector, using many different technologies and playing several roles.
- Was involved in most of the company projects, from inception to final delivery, helping gathering requirements, meeting with customers when needed and driving the execution and delivery roadmaps.
- Offered Angular training for several companies.
Software Architect, Engineer & Consultant • Mar, 2015 — Jul, 2016
- Also worked as an internal trainer, helped in the recruitment and candidate assessment processes and worked in several requirement elicitation and project proposals elaboration.
- Played different development roles, from architecture to implementation.
Lead Web Developer • Dec, 2007 — Mar, 2015
Led the web development team for several projects:
- 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup Canada
- 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
- 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup Germany
- 2011 Invitation to Tender FIFA Women's World Cup Germany
- 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
- 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup South Africa
My tasks were related to development, team coordination, application design, UX design and documentation.
Software Engineer • Sep, 2005 — Dec, 2007
Worked as a full stack developer using many different technologies and building mainly websites for local companies in Spain (mainly from the editorial industry).
It was my first formal job as a software engineer and I learnt a lot about the .NET framework, web development and databases. I was initially hired because I had some Scrum e-leaning experience from my time in Universitat de Barcelona Virtual.
Universitat de Barcelona Virtual
Multimedia Editor • 2004 — 2005
I started providing some multimedia courses using Flash and ActionScript, but I was eventually hired to work as editor due to my academic formation.
Some of the tasks involved:
- Edition of several online courses
- Interviewing authors
- Content management
Universitat de Barcelona
Ciencias de la Información, Licenciatura • 2000 - 2005
Comunicación Audiovisual: specialized in E-Learning & Web
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Grado en Ingeniería Informática • 2010 — On hold
Completed the first year but with the arrival of my two kids I stopped the classes and eventually do some of the courses from time to time.
Founder & Primary Developer • April, 2019 — Present
OSS tool and SaaS to help software companies ensure their current and future dependencies comply with their license policies. Built with Rust in order to leverage its awesome trifecta: Safety, Speed and Fearless Concurrency.
Organizer & Speaker • July, 2018 — Present
Just after discovering Rust, I felt the need to connect with others with the same interest and I created the first community in Barcelona around Rust. I've been organizing meetups and giving talks since then. This is currently the biggest active Rust community in Spain.
Content creator • May, 2020 — Present
After the beginning of the pandemics, as it was not possible to phisically meet with the members of the Barcelona Rust meetup, I decided to set up a YouTube channel to share some of my Rust knowledge with the Spanish-speaking community.
OSS Author & Maintainer • Jun, 2016 — Present
First Visual Studio Code extension providing icons. +15M installations. +4K GitHub Stars.